Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 4-Going to Paris

Yesterday was our travel day from London and Paris, and I spent a good few hours with my head in a toilet after what may have been a bad hamburger.  When we finally made it to Paris it took us FOREVER to figure out how to use the ticket machine.  It seemed even French people were confused by it.  We made it to Paris though and I slept until dinnertime.  The good news is that our hotel room is very cute and has a nice view of the deaf-mute school across the street.  Not so nice are the actual deaf mutes who accost you on the street and pout when you don't give them money.

train station in London

ordering croissants at Paris train station
our hotel room



Last night we decided to walk around a little but we were too tired for anything else.  We saw the Seine and Notre Dame and the University of Paris in a short walk.  We also ate crepes for dinner--more like dessert for dinner since I got banana and nutella and mom got sugar and cinnamon.  We found some really tiny alleyways with tons of restaurants and cafes.

mom eating her crepe


This might sound silly, but there are tons of French people here.  Even lots of French tourists who I assume aren't from Paris.  I think we may have even seen more British people here than in London.  Also, many Parisians don't speak English.  Our TV also doesn't speak English which is sort of a problem but oh well.

The Seine

City Hall, and the site of the beheadings by the guillotine in the French Revolution


I'll probably write another post soon about our 2nd day in Paris.  Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Jackie, I'm *really* sorry to read that you were sick your first day in Paris. Terrible!! It sounds like you were OK that night, though... Did you fly or take the Chunnel to Paris? If the latter, how was it -- or were you in the bathroom the entire time?? Sigh....

    We're incredibly jealous, you know....

    -- Kern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...we took the chunnel and I slept most of the way but mom said it was beautiful ride. I felt a lot better once I got there though so I got to enjoy Paris! I guess the stomachache was a small price to pay...

    ReplyDelete